Our free Excel cash book template is designed for ease of use. It is suitable for both small business and personal banking accounts. The reason for designing it is that many businesses do not need a full accounts package, but do need an easy way of recording profit and loss throughout the year.
It offers businesses a simple free accounting system, if your business does expand it will be easy to transfer the figures from the spreadsheet to a more advanced accounting system in the future.
The Cash book does not keep track of sales invoices or VAT, if you need either of these features then you may benefit from a full accounting package.
Features of Excel Cash Book Template
- Free to download and use as many times as you want.
- 1 worksheet for each month plus a total page for the whole year.
- Profit and Loss shown month by month and total for year.
- If you have more than 1 bank account, use a separate excel template for each account.
- You can name up to 3 different income codes and 8 different expenditure codes, some examples can be found on the instructions, making it easy for different types of businesses.
- You can post up to 40 transactions per month, if you need more get in touch as we may be able to help.
- Drop down list of account codes to make posting easier.
- Running total of bank balance to ensure that your figures are correct.
- All the worksheets printed on a single page.
- Suitable for small business or personal bank accounts.
- Easy to input all the information.
- Full instructions given as well as an example.
What it doesn’t do:
- Record and track sales invoices
- More than 40 transactions per month
By Downloading the template below, you agree to the licence agreement.
Return from Free Excel Cash Book Template page to Business Accounting Basics page.