Our personal budget template in Excel is free to download and use. We know the importance of keeping track of your budget and accounts over time. This spreadsheet is easy to use.
Not only can you set up a budget on one page for the year, but by adding your actual banking of income and expenses month by month, you can compare your budgeting with actual figures.
Keeping costs down can be critical, especially if finances are tight, trying to save for something or paying off debt. Seeing your accounts on one page can help to achieve this. It can assist in finding where savings can be made; lots of useful websites can show you the best way to reduce your outgoings, one of our favourites is Money Saving Expert.
Setting up a Personal Budget
When setting up your budget, you must be realistic about your spending and look at all your costs. It will include things like car servicing, the cup of coffee while you are out, and clothes shopping.
Start by looking at your previous year’s figures and decide if they are going to change this year. Some entries are easy to post and are the same each month, like monthly direct debits. Other costs will vary, especially for Birthdays, holidays, Christmas and any exceptional circumstances. It is always worth being realistic about the figures posted.
When looking at your income, don’t forget to include salary increase, overtime and bonuses.
Full instructions are available on how to set up the budgeting Template Excel.
Features of personal Budget Template
- The personal budget spreadsheet includes actual bank figures
- Free to download and use – No catches and no adverts
- Easy to use – set up and running in 5 minutes
- Budget for the year entered on one page
- Income and expenditure categories can be named to suit your needs e.g. salary, rent, utilities.
- There are five income codes and thirteen expenditure codes
- The Budget and Banking worksheets for the year printed on one page
- If your circumstances change your figures can be updated at any time
- Differences between budget and actual figures are seen in each month and a total page for the year
Personal Budget Template Example
We have set up an example so that you can see how it works. Download the sample, which will give you the chance to experiment by adding entries and changing figures.
Entering the costs for the whole year along with an annual budget. It allows you to see how the spreadsheet may be of use with your personal accounts.
Business Accounts Budgets
If you run your own small business, then this spreadsheet will work just as well to keep track of your company finances, and further information is available in our templates section.
By downloading this template, you agree to the terms of our licence agreement:
By clicking on the link, you agree to the licence agreement download free personal budget templates.