Download our free simple Accounts Payable template in Excel at the bottom of this page.
Do you struggle to know when to pay your supplier invoices? As a business one of the last things you want to do is upset them by not paying your invoices on time. It may cause future problems in trying to obtain credit.
By using our template, you can help to ensure that bills are settled on time and if you have a dispute; there is a comments field to make notes. The data can be sorted by supplier or date to make it easier to see the information needed.
How to use Accounts Payable Template
- Download the spreadsheet using the link at the bottom of this page.
- Save it either to the hard disk or cloud software.
- Enable editing
- At the top enter your business name
- You are now ready to start entering the details from the purchase invoices.
- Enter the supplier name, date, invoice number and amount
- Use the drop-down list to select the terms of payment, from this information the due date will automatically be entered.
- The spreadsheet will automatically enter the figure to the correct and if the invoice is current or overdue.
- The comments section is useful if you have a query on and purchase invoice, by adding any notes. It could be that you are waiting for a credit note as the order was not complete or for larger companies, the invoice is with a manager for approval.
When all the data is entered you may find it useful to sort the data, either by the supplier, invoice date or due date. This will help to see how much you owe to one supplier or the order that invoices are due.
Sorting Accounts Payable Template Data
- Highlight the rows that you want to sort
- Using the Excel ribbon at the top select Data > Sort > Use the drop-down list to select which column you want to sort it by and the order to sort it.
- Click OK
The data will be sorted in the format requested.
Removing Paid invoices
You will need to clear the contents of the row, rather than deleting it. This will ensure that you still keep the same quantity of rows in the spreadsheet.
- Highlight the customer, invoice date, invoice number and amount.
- Use mouse to right click
- Select clear contents
You may then wish to sort the data to remove the cleared line.
Year-end Accounts Payable
At your year-end, it is useful to print or save a copy of the report as part of the management reports. To save a copy, save as and use a different name. You can then continue using the original spreadsheet to start the next financial year.
Excel Bookkeeping Templates.
We have written lots of other useful spreadsheets including Accounts Receivable, Cash Book, Petty Cash and Budgets.
Copyright © 2008-2019 Angela Boxwell t/a Business Accounting Basics. All rights reserved.
To download your free template, you must agree to our licence agreement
By clicking on the link, you agree to the licence agreement download free Accounts receivable ledger template.