Download our free easy to use Microsoft Word receipt template. There are times as a business when you receive payment by cash or cheque, and you need to provide a payment receipt to your customer.
It is useful as a reference to both parties of the sale and a receipt to the customer.
The receipt can either be printed out or email it directly to the customer.
Our cash receipt form is designed in Microsoft Word and can be used to either to enter the details on the computer and print it out or print a blank template that you can complete by hand. They are ideal if you sell goods at events, fairs and on customer site.
Some people prefer to use Word than Excel, which is why we have designed it.
Instructions for Word Receipt Templates
- The Download for the Word Receipt Template using the link at the bottom of this page.
- You can easily edit all the sections by clicking on the text and enter the new wording.
- Complete the sections for your business name, address, telephone number, Email and Website.
- Save the document in Word – this will act as a template for future use.
Printable Receipt Form
If you are after completing the form by hand, complete your details as above and delete the sections that you want to leave blank. For the date, highlight the row with the date and delete it, then type in the date.
The receipt number can be pre-numbered, this will mean that it is easier to keep track of the receipts.
Below is an example of a sales receipt template to complete offline.
To print two forms per page, highlight the whole of the template, right-click and copy. Paste the content below the form, ensuring you use keep source formatting. The document is then ready for printing.
Word Printed Document
- Complete the sections, including the name and address of the payee.
- To enter a date, click on the text and a calendar will appear, select the correct date.
- Receipt numbers are ideal if you receive lots of sundry receipts.
- Enter a full description of the goods or services supplied. If there are any guarantees with the product sold, it is worth including.
- In the final column, enter the amount paid by the customer.
- The total payment received can be calculated automatically by clicking over the figure and pressing F9.
To keep a copy of the form, you can either print off a second copy for a file or save it using a different name in Word.
Cash Receipt Example
The image below shows a completed payment receipt template within Word, and the total is calculated using the F9 function.
By Downloading the Word receipt template below, you agree to our terms.
What are the alternatives to a Word Receipt Template?
If you want something more advanced than a cash receipt template, it is worth considering using accounting software. With cloud accounting software it is possible to produce a sales invoice marked as paid and email directly to the customer. There are several packages worth looking into including XERO, QuickBooks and Pandle (which is free).
If you do not have access to Microsoft Word, there are other free alternatives in the Microsoft store. One that we have tested is Neat Office, it is easy to use and looks very similar to Office.
Return from Word receipt template to bookkeeping forms.