Download our free straight line depreciation schedule template in Excel. Our Excel spreadsheet will allow you to track and calculate depreciation for up to 25 assets using the straight line method – this is the most common method spreading the value of the asset over the period of its life.
If you have purchased a fixed assets part of the way through the year, you can enter the number of months you want the item depreciated during the first year and it will calculate the figures for you.
Depreciation Schedule Instructions
- In the green box enter the current year in format yyyy, 2017 is entered but if it is a later year change it.
- Enter the description of the fixed asset, if it is a larger company you may also want to include asset number or location
- Record the purchase cost of the item, if the business is VAT registered it is the Net value, otherwise record the full cost
- Enter the period of years you wish to depreciate the asset for e.g. computer over 3 years, furniture over 5 years
- If you purchase an item part of the way through the year, enter the number of months during the first year you need to depreciate it for. e.g. Item purchased in January and year-end March, you would enter 3 months
When all the information is posted the figures will calculate the total depreciation figure for each year, this can then be entered in the business accounts.
The template runs for 10 years and the final column will show the figure for the remaining depreciation that has not been accounted for. It will then need to be recorded in a new spreadsheet.
By downloading this template, you agree to the terms of our licence agreement:
By clicking on the link, you agree to the licence agreement download free straight line depreciation schedule templates.
Return from Depreciation Schedule to Fixed Asset page.